Single Elimination, best 2 out of 3 until Grand Finals which will be best 3 out of 5.
When both players are at the game console, they must come to an agreement which side of they machine they will play on (who will sit on 1p and who will sit on 2p). If an agreement cannot be reached, a game of rock-paper-scissors will determine who gets to pick their side.
Once sides and characters have been chosen, the players should begin the first Game in the Match.
The following rules go into effect once a Game ends:
- The Match is over when either player wins the required number of games (Two out of three games for most tournaments)
- Once a player has won the required number of games, the winner of the Match should report the result to the Judge.
- If there are still Games to be played, the player who lost the Game has the option of switching sides (1p vs 2p) for the next Game.
- The player who won the game does not have the option of switching sides. He must stay on the same side if the loser does not want to switch.
- The player who won the last Game is required to keep the same characters, game modes, and order of characters for the next Game.
- The player who lost the last Game is allowed to choose whatever characters, game modes, or character order he desires.
Any tournament players who are not present when their match is called for pool/semi- final/final matches, without giving staff a valid reason for not being present, will have a period of five (5) minutes to report to their station with the required equipment. After the two minute period has expired, you will be forced to forfeit your Match.
Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally under performing, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.